The Panorama P6 is an incredible keyboard controller instrument with the most intuitive workflow, you have ever seen.
Spectacular and deep integration with Bitwig Studio, Cubase, Logic Pro, MainStage, Reaper, Reason and Studio One puts the spotlight on performance and creativity. Keyboard and pads are dynamic, sensitive and balanced carefully with a solid feel that allows for complete expression. All this, combined with 93 real-time controls available at any one time, makes Panorama the definitive keyboard controller for Bitwig Studio, Cubase, Logic Pro, Reason and Studio One.
KEYBOARD BALANCED TO PERFECTION
is as clean as possible and not heavy or fatiguing to play. We keep the down weight required within the heavy end of common standards for acoustic pianos. In addition, the dynamic range is much wider than what you experience on most controller keyboards allowing better control of both low and high velocity values. 5 velocity curves gives you choice just in case your playing style requires a different feel. Monophonic aftertouch, pitch bend and modulation wheels, plus foot switch and expression pedal jacks set you up for performance.
THE DISPLAY SAYS IT ALL
A crystal clear 3.5″ color TFT display delivers the information you really need, for each mode or menu. Regardless of whether you are operating Reason or programming MIDI assignments in Internal mode, the display provides detailed information that makes your workflow fluent and fast. Panorama takes the hard work out of using a controller and makes operations that seem complicated and non-transparent on other products, straight-forward and simple.
MORE CONTROLS THAN EVER BEFORE
An unrivaled amount of assignable controls makes Panorama the most comprehensive and fully featured MIDI controller keyboard around. 16 encoders, 9 45mm faders, 1 100mm motorized ALPS fader, 10 LED buttons, 28 buttons, 12 pads each with strike and pressure component, foot switch jack, expression pedal jack, keyboard after touch, pitch bend and modulation wheels gives you immediate control of up to 93 parameters at any one time. You can store settings in 20 presets with individually savable and loadable keyboard-, pad- and F-keys-maps. We could argue that it gives you access to over 1500 assigned controls, but that would be spinning it too far.
MIDI CONTROL – A GAME OF MANY OPTIONS!
Setting up presets or F-keys maps is easy on Panorama. The Control Edit menu enables you to quickly select a control and assign the MIDI command you want in real-time. For each control, values can be scaled, reverse and assigned specific or global MIDI channels. Here is a chart showing the programming options available for each type of control:
PRO-CONSOLE CONTROL WITHIN REACH
The motorized 100mm touch-sensitive ALPS fader gives you pro-console mixer channel control when operated with Bitwig, Cubase, Logic, Nuendo, Reaper or Reason. Watch the fader move when you change tracks and just move it to change volume.
Two LED buttons control Solo and Mute – so no matter what mode you are operating Panorama in, you always have pro-console control within reach.
TRANSPORT WHEN YOU NEED IT,
FUNCTION BUTTONS WHEN YOU DON’T
It’s hard to go places without transport, so Panorama features an extended 11 button transport bar, positioned right where you need it: Return to L, Forward to R, Undo, Click on/off, Record Mode, Cycle on/off, Back, Forward, Stop, Play and Record. Using the shift button, these also double up as 11 function buttons each assignable to MIDI commands or QWERTY macro’s.
SHORTCUT TO SOFTWARE FUNCTIONS*
So QWERTY macro’s…… big deal, right? That’s right, its a VERY big deal. Your software has a ton of features and functions that can be activated using QWERTY shortcut commands. Assigning a command to a button, so you don’t have to be near your computer, makes life a lot easier. Assigning a string of up to 8 commands takes it to another level. With this powerful feature you could for example enter edit mode, zoom in and select a tool with just one button press.
Or create an instrument or effects track and locate a folder containing your presets so you can select them from Panorama, all with one button press and without looking at your computer.
*QWERTY macro’s are not available in OS X 10.11 or higher
CONTROLLING BITWIG STUDIO, CUBASE, NUENDO, LOGIC PRO, MAINSTAGE, REAPER, REASON AND STUDIO ONE HAS NEVER FELT SO REAL
For Bitwig Studio, Cubase, Nuendo, Logic Pro, Reaper Reason and Studio One users, Panorama is a dream come true. The dedicated communication protocol ties Panorama and your DAW tightly together, so all you have to do is select the mode and menu you want to control. Panorama does the rest.
It is just one button press to switch between controlling the Mixer, Instruments and Transport thanks to Panorama’s mode buttons, with the 4th mode, Internal, still providing access to traditional MIDI control.
The integration with Bitwig Studio, Cubase, Nuendo, Logic Pro, MainStage, Reaper, Reason and Studio One is so deep that you can immerse yourself in your music without having to constantly reach for the mouse. Panorama gives you the creative freedom to just focus on your music.
YOUR REWIRE SLAVE AND HOST CONTROLLED IN ABSOLUTE REAL-TIME
Reason ReWired to Cubase, Nuendo, Logic Pro or Reaper is a whole new experience with Panorama. Select which DAW you want to control straight from Panorama, in absolute real-time and regardless of what’s in focus on your computer. Color coding clearly tells you which environment you are controlling, so you don’t get confused as you switch back and forth. And better still, there is no functionality lost when you change control from one DAW to the other. You of course could buy 2 Panorama products to achieve the same result – but with Panorama you don’t have to. The choice is yours.
PADS WITH PRESSURE
Playing drums or percussive parts on a keyboard can be a challenge, but luckily on Panorama you don’t have to. 12 velocity and pressure-sensitive pads with a choice of 7 velocity curves will inspire you to play in ways you would never do on the keyboard. The pads are unbelievably easy to program using the “Learn Note” function. Press a pad, press a key…it’s that easy.
The “Velocity Spread” feature quickly spreads one note across all 12 pads, each with its own fixed velocity, making it easier to create consistent and nuanced dynamics.
The “Scale-Function” assigns each pad to pitches within any of the pre-defined 30+ scales. It’s a quick and easy way to completely change pad assignments while freely changing intervals or transposing the whole set on the fly. Great for percussive performances with any keyboard sound as well as percussion.
Reason devices such as ReDrum, Dr. Octo Rex and Kong are of course automatically assigned to pads in Panorama P4’s Instrument mode with an additional 4 virtual pads available, when needed.
PORTS & CONNECTIONS
On the back of Panorama you find the connection points you need for foot controls, power and data including:
• USB Micro B for external power supply or additional power for the motorized fader (cable included)
• USB port for power and data connection to your computer
• 5-pin MIDI din output port sending data either directly from the unit or from your DAW (working like a MIDI interface)
• Foot switch jack, assignable (pedal not included)
• Expression pedal jack, assignable (pedal not included)
• On/off switch
* Studio One Update for Panorama P1, P4, P6, T4 and T6
The update extends the capabilities of the already powerful Nektar DAW integration for Studio One, with expanded and easier parameter mapping at the centre :
- 8 map pages (instead of 1) per plugin.
- Pages instantly selectable using the 8 fader buttons.
- New Quick-learn feature makes mapping a breeze. Check out the video.
- Control insert plugins through the macros page – Quick learn supported.
- All Studio One instruments and effects pre-mapped.
Download the update from your Nektar account. Check out the video showing how it all works.
• 61 note semi-weighted, velocity-sensitive
• keyboard w/aftertouch
• 5 velocity curves plus fixed
• Pitch bend & Modulation assignable wheels
• Octave shift buttons
• PB1/2 buttons
• 4 keyboard zones programmable with controller filters and program changes
• 5 keyboard maps store all settings
• 16 encoders
• 9 x 45mm faders
• 10 assignable LED buttons
• 11 dedicated transport buttons
• 20 preset locations store all settings including links to keyboard, pad and F-keys maps
• 12 pads with velocity and pressure sensitivity
• 7 velocity curves
• Scale mode with 30+ scales and interval setting
• Velocity spread functions spreads the selected pad assignment over all 12 pads, at different velocity levels
• Transpose and Octave shift in both pad-map and scale mode
• Pads freely assignable in Reason mode
• Load or Save to any of 20 pad maps
• 11 assignable Function Keys (accessible using shift and transport keys)
• Load or Save to any of 10 F-Keys maps
• F-Keys assignable even in 3 Reason modes
USB Class compliant, no driver is needed for:
Apple iOS, Apple OSX
Windows XP, or higher
Linux (MIDI driver software required)
Nektar DAW Integration
Mac OS X 10.7 or higher
Windows Vista, 7 & 8 or higher
• 100 mm ALPS motorized fader*
• 6 dedicated assignable navigation buttons
• ASCII/QWERTY macros assignable to buttons and pads
• 3.5” high-resolution TFT display provides incredible navigation and user visibility
• Nektar DAW Integration
• Presets and setup files for major DAWs and VIs
• Expression pedal 1/4″ jack input (pedal not included)
• Foot switch (sustain) 1/4″ jack input (pedal not included)
• MIDI output
• USB port for communication with computer
• USB Micro B connector for extra and external power*
*Two USB ports or external USB power supply required to power entire unit. One USB port powers entire unit with the exception of the motorized fader
Weight & Dimensions
Dimensions: 39 5/8″(L) x 13″(D) 3 6/8″(H)
Weight: 17 Lbs