Softube Console 1 can now improve more than just your mixing workflow. With Apollo Central your recording workflow benefits as well. Included for all Console 1 owners and easily activated, Apollo Central gives deep and intuitive control of the Universal Audio Console software, allowing hands-on operation of tracking, near-zero-latency monitoring, and more.
CONSOLE 1 MKII
Sound. Workflow. Control.
A totally unique hybrid between hardware and software, Console 1 gives the best of both worlds, and redefines mixing in the DAW-based studio. Quickly switch between your tracks and control EQ, compressor, gate and more. Mix with the sound of the included Solid State Logic SL 4000 E. Or customize your channels to fit your needs — there are over 70 Console 1 ready plug-ins available from Softube and Universal Audio.
Get the classic SSL crunch and character, straight out of the box. Expand your options with channel strips and plug-ins from Softube and Universal Audio.
Mix faster and better. The intuitive workflow is unique for Console 1, and lets you focus on the music — not the technology.
One control per parameter, no MIDI mapping needed. Console 1 works with any major DAW on the market and offers extra deep integration with select DAWs.
Console 1 works with every major DAW on the market
Studio One, Cubase, Sonar, Reaper, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live, Pro Tools and more. Presonus Studio One, Steinberg Cubase, Cakewalk Sonar and Cockos Reaper feature additional integration: select tracks and control their pan, volume, sends and more directly from the hardware.
Control over 70 plugins by Softube and Universal Audio
Mix and match units from Chandler Limited, Fairchild, Teletronix, Tube-Tech, Abbey Road Studios and many others.
Expansions: add more consoles to your arsenal
In addition to the included SSL 4000 E, there are entire channel strips available, with EQ, compressor, gate and modelled saturation from the original analog hardware.
If you own an Apollo interface, you will now be able to switch modes within the Console 1 on-screen display and affect preamp gain, volume, pan, cues, send levels, and more in UA Console.
Save time and trouble you’d usually waste fussing over a mouse and multiple plug-in GUIs, and use it instead to get creative and focus on your music.
“Console 1 now gives Apollo interface users fast hands-on control over all of the most critical functions for tracking and mixing. From level setting Unison preamps to applying Realtime UAD Processing, it’s all right there at your fingertips, and a joy to use. This makes Console 1 a supremely powerful tool for Apollo-based audio production.”
The Latest Features in Console 1
- Logic Pro control surface support
- A modern mixing system and a unique centerpiece for the DAW-based studio
- Includes Softube’s officially licensed Solid State Logic SL 4000 E-series console emulation
- Works with all major DAWs straight out of the box—no MIDI mapping required
- Expertly modeled channel strips from Weiss, Chandler Limited®, Summit Audio, Empirical Labs, and more
- Supports 70+ plug-ins from Softube and Universal Audio
- Control tracking with Universal Audio Apollo interfaces using Apollo Central mode
- Monitor your mix with RMS (middle) and Peak (outer) dBFS meters on both the input and output
- Four different frequency analysis modes derived from our highly esteemed Weiss EQ plug-ins –use Fast or Slow for normal FFT modes or one of the two Hold modes for a more accurate long-term view
- High-quality hardware designed for both form and function
- Improve workflow with hardware that is more physically intuitive than your mouse
- Save time, listen more, and make better mixing decisions
- Use Console 1 alone or in combination with Softube Console 1 Fader. Learn more about Console 1 Fader
All Softube products require a computer with appropriate DAW host software (none of which are included). Console 1 and Console 1 Fader are available for both macOS and Windows. Versions from 2.5.38 and newer of the Softube plug-ins have the following minimum requirements:
All native versions
- Mac OS X 10.13 up to 12
- Windows 10 and 11 64-bit
- Mac: Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 / Xeon / Full Apple silicon support (M1 or higher)
- Windows: Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 / Xeon / AMD Quad-Core or newer
- Screen resolution larger than 1280×800
- 8 GB RAM or more is recommended, as well as at least 8 GB hard disk space for installation (individual plug-ins take less space, while sample libraries may require additional disk space)
- Softube account
- iLok account
- Internet access for downloading installers and managing licenses
- iLok generation 2 and up, if you intend to use an iLok key for authorizing your plug-ins (note that a physical iLok USB key is not a requirement)