Take your guitar tracks to the next level
A whole new take on the DI box
Want to track guitars the way the pros do, with a new level of sound quality and powerful workflow? Look no further than the groundbreaking Z-TONE® DI.
Z-TONE DI combines the award-winning sound shaping from IK’s AXE I/O with the flexibility to record both processed and DI guitar tracks at the same time, as well as best-in-class sound quality. It takes any audio interface (or live mixer) to the next level using the same techniques in the studio as pros like Joe Satriani.
- Active/Passive pickup selector
- PURE channel for transparent sound
- JFET channel adds warmth & harmonics
- Z-TONE variable impedance control creates a wide range of tones
- 20 dB pad for extended operating range
- Balanced & unbalanced outputs
- Link out splits signal to amps & pedals
- Ground lift switch eliminates buzz & hum
- Rugged, stage-ready metal housing
- Designed and made in Italy
This setup allows for simultaneous recording of a DI guitar track and miked amp—at the highest possible quality—into your DAW for further plug-in processing. With the addition of Z-TONE control, your audio interface with 2 microphone inputs can become the best guitar and bass interface.
Z-TONE DI lets you record two tracks simultaneously: the processed track coming from your amp and effects rig, and a direct track for post-processing using amp sims like the included AmpliTube 5 SE.
This way you can record with your real gear, and at the same time have maximum tone flexibility with a second track that you can process and fine-tune at will, without having to record countless takes.