Build upon the legacy of ESI’s famous nEar05 models, the new aktiv 05 near field reference monitor take professional level 5″ near field monitoring speakers for the entry level to yet another level.
The monitor boasts an ultra-flat low frequency response with its newly designed larger silk dome tweeter and the top quality kevlar 5″ driver delivers unparalleled punch in the low-mid frequency – a major improvement over the paper and polypropylene drivers used in most comparable products. ESI was the first vendor using kevlar for studio monitors in this price range as material inside the low frequency driver. Other vendors have since copied our idea, however there is much more to excellent sound of aktiv 05. A new tuning of all components by our engineers in Germany and the use of the completely new crossover design, turn aktiv 05 into yet another milestone in the ESI studio monitor legacy.
Optionally an aktiv 05 based monitoring system can be expanded with a subwoofer like the SW10K eXperience. aktiv 05 is the perfect alternative to our higher end uniK 05+ reference monitor if you are on a budget.
- 2-way powered speaker / active studio monitor speaker
- 5″ kevlar curved cone (magnetic shielding type) as LF driver
- 1″ silk dome tweeter as HF driver
- output power 60W (HF 30W, LF 30W), 85W AC consumption power
- magnetically shielded for desktop operation
- input connections: XLR / TS1/4″ combo connector, balanced / unbalanced input
- input impedance: 23.3 kOhm balanced, 13.3 kOhm unbalanced
- input sensitivity: 75mV@1Watt, 415mV@30Watt
- frequency response: 50Hz – 20kHz
- crossover frequency: 2.5 kHz
- SPL: 88dB +/- 3dB
- operating voltage: AC100-240V 50/60Hz, with 115V / 230V AC selection switch
- blue power LED on the front
- standby function, can be turned on and off (only models sold in certain countries)
- dimensions: 250mm (H) x 176mm (W) x 200mm (D)
- weight: ca. 4.5kg