The USB Dual Pre is a full-featured high quality dual portable preamplifier and computer interface packed into a compact rugged case.
It is designed to work over a wide variety of applications from remote field recording to desktop/studio tracking. Each of the two low noise input channels has up to 48 dB of clean gain with signal present and clip LED indicators. Inputs can be either XLR balanced or 1/4-inch TRS. Each of the 1/4-inch TRS outputs is buffered low impedance balanced.
The USB Dual Pre is powered via the USB bus. An internal 9 Volt battery, or optional external 12V power supply (or any combination of USB, battery & power supply) can be used depending on application. When running powered by battery alone, you should expect in excess of 50 hours of operation with phantom power off. Battery life will drop to approximately 20 hours (depending on microphone) when phantom powering is engaged (still enough time to get through an average session).
The built-in low noise +48 Volt phantom power supply allows you to power up to 2 microphones as well as the preamplifier when running from any power sources including the USB bus.
For monitoring, a 3.5mm TRS mini headphone jack with level and monitor mix controls on the rear allow for latency free local monitoring of the inputs while recording as well as playback monitoring of the USB bus. The monitor mix is also routed to the 1/4-inch TRS balanced outputs. This lets you use the 1/4-inch outputs as either preamplifier outputs or as the monitor feed to your powered monitors.
The USB interface is fully compliant with the USB 1.1 specification and uses USB adaptive mode for playback and USB asynchronous mode for record. It will work with the USB audio device drivers built into Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP/Vista and Apple OS9.1/OSX computers with native USB support. No special drivers are needed.
- USB Connectivity to Desktop and Laptop Computers
- Low Noise Fully Balanced XLR and 1/4-inch TRS Combi Inputs
- Up to 48 dB of Clean Gain n Built-in Low Noise Phantom Power Supply
- Latency Free Monitoring Mix and Level Controls
- Independent Channel Gain Controls
- 1/4-inch TRS Balanced Monitor and 3.5mm Headphone Monitor Outputs
- Flexible 3-way Power from USB, External Supply, or 9 Volt Battery
- Includes USB Cable – Everything Needed To Start Recording Today!
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz (+0, -1 dB)
- THD: <0.01% @ 1 kHz
- Phantom Power: Switch selectable, +48Volts DC, filtered, current limited
- Input Connections: XLR / 1/4-inch TRS “Combo” jack balanced or unbalanced
- Output Connection: 1/4-inch TRS balanced, 1/8-inch TRS headphone mini jack
- A/D-D/A: 16 Bit, 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz, USB selectable from computer 0.4 ms A/D latency @ 44.1 kHz
- Chassis Type: All aluminium black anodised with integral rubber sides
- Power Requirements: USB bus powered/Optional 7.5 12V AC or DC @ <50mA (external)/9V Battery @ 20mA typical, 50mA max. (phantom power)
- Dimensions (HWD): 44.5mm x 117mm x 119mm
- Weight: 0.59 kg