The Z5600a II: a thick, rich tube mic that will flatter any source.
With nine polar patterns, the Z5600a II is ready to record absolutely anything.
The Z5600a II large-diaphragm condenser is one of the most versatile tube mics in today’s market. With 9 graded steps through omni, cardioid and figure eight patterns, -10dB pad and bass cut, the Z5600a II finds uses in a huge number of applications, from miking a live drum kit to overheads on a choir. Above all though, this excellent mic has won its praise on delivering superb vocal recordings, with natural warmth and incredible detail.
- Hand-crafted 1” true condenser capsule individually tuned in our own factory
- Ready to record absolutely anything
- 9-position polar pattern switch for precise balance between direct and ambient sound
- Hand-made metal housing and gold-sputtered diaphragms
- 50 Hz bass-cut filter and -10dB pad useful for loud and heavy sources
* This beautiful mic comes in a wooden presentation case, cradled in a full aluminium flight case with a large shockmount and a brushed aluminium PSU with pattern switching and cables.
- Capsule Type: Hand-Crafted True Condenser
- Diaphragm: 35mm Twin Gold/Mylar
- Directional Pattern: Cardioid, Omni, Figure 8 and 5 intermediate stages (selectable on power supply)
- Frequency range: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Impedance: 200 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 25.12 mV/Pa (-32 dB)
- Max SPL: 125/135 dB (0/-10 dB pad) (0.5% THD @ 1kHz)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 76 dB
- Self Noise: 18 dB(A)
- Pass Filter Switch: 50 Hz
- Preattenuation Pad: -10 dB
- Power requirement: Dedicated PSU (included)
- Weight (mic): 795g
- Weight (PSU): 1459g
- Tube complement: 1 x 12AX7/ECC83
- Connectors: 8-pin army connector to mic, XLR from PSU
What’s in the box:
- Z5600a II microphone
- 8-pin microphone cable
- Custom shockmount
- Power supply
- IEC power cable