The Z5600a II: a thick, rich tube mic that will flatter any source.
With nine polar patterns, the Z5600a II is ready to record absolutely anything.
The Z5600a II large-diaphragm condenser is one of the most versatile tube mics in today’s market. With 9 graded steps through omni, cardioid and figure eight patterns, -10dB pad and bass cut, the Z5600a II finds uses in a huge number of applications, from miking a live drum kit to overheads on a choir. Above all though, this excellent mic has won its praise on delivering superb vocal recordings, with natural warmth and incredible detail.
- Capsule Type: Hand-Crafted True Condenser
- Diaphragm: 35mm Twin Gold/Mylar
- Directional Pattern: Cardioid, Omni, Figure 8 and 5 intermediate stages (selectable on power supply)
- Frequency range: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Impedance: 200 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 25.12 mV/Pa (-32 dB)
- Max SPL: 125/135 dB (0/-10 dB pad) (0.5% THD @ 1kHz)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 76 dB
- Self Noise: 18 dB(A)
- Pass Filter Switch: 50 Hz
- Preattenuation Pad: -10 dB
- Power requirement: Dedicated PSU (included)
- Weight (mic): 795g / 28.04oz
- Weight (PSU): 1459g / 51.47oz
- Tube complement: 1x 12AX7/ECC83
- Connectors: 8-pin army connector to mic, XLR from PSU