The sE Gemini II is the larger-than-life answer to your vocal tracking needs.
It’s not just large in stature – it’s HUGE in sound.
The Gemini II dual valve microphone is a no-holds-barred piece of microphone history. The dual valve design means pure valve warmth from the 12AX7 input valve, coupled with a 12AU7 valve on the output stage. The result is an incredibly large, detailed, and intimate sound – reminiscent of the classic valve microphones from decades ago, but with a thoroughly modern twist.
Most microphones use a transformer to optimize the mic’s output impedance and couple the mic to the mic preamplifier. With the Gemini II, this optimization is accomplished with a second vacuum tube, negating any high-frequency rolloff typically incurred with a transformer.
This provides the Gemini II with a sparkling, pristine high-end typically only found in the most expensive solid-state microphones, while maintaining the rich, thick tonality of a tube mic.
Not just for vocals, the bass cut filter and -10dB pad make the Gemini useful for loud and heavy sources like drum room mics and booming timpani.
- Capsule Type: Hand-Crafted True Condenser
- Diaphragm: 35mm Gold/Mylar
- Directional Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Impedance: 200 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 35.48 mV/Pa (-29 dB)
- Max SPL: 135/145 dB (0/-10 dB pad) (0.5% THD @ 1kHz)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 75 dB
- Self Noise: 19 dB(A)
- Pass Filter Switch: 150 Hz
- Preattenuation Pad: -10 dB
- Power Requirement: Dedicated PSU (included)
- Weight (mic): 1224g
- Weight (PSU): 1691g
- Tube complement: 1x 12AX7/ECC83, 1x 12AU7/ECC82
- Connector: XLR3F from PSU